Sunday, March 13, 2011

Congratulations to ME


New years resolution. I honestly never make them yearly, I do my best to make them daily.  However, before I used to just say them, I would speak of them but now I  
1.)write them down, 
2.)focus/meditate it, and 
3.)put a date on this thought/goal/dream, 
         because a "goal without a date is just a wish." -Deborah Smith Pegues. 

This definitely has been a challenge, because when life starts to feel at peace finally!... you get comfortable and forget how you got to where you are now, by doing everything that you stopped doing because you-got-comfortable.  Habits are definitely hard to break, they have a time limit of when one person may break a habit.  In my opinion I don't think there is a time limit, because there is always that small percentage that you will jump back into the cycle that you've been trying to break for all that time.

As some people call it, "soul searching" I have really been taking a personal time out for the year 2011 to focus on ME. I think many people especially in society makes us to believe that having me-time is selfish. When in actuality, putting everyone before you 24/7 and never taking a me-time to focus on your breathe is selfish.  Because I am responsible for my own happiness and my own growth.  If I never take some time out each day to focus on me, who will? The more faithful we are to ourselves, to our own time, the opportunity for blessings to walk through doors and reach us is available.  Which is there to allow us to be happy, grow, and help everyone else around us that we put before us, such as our partners, children, parents, work, etc.  You can't help someone else if you're unable to help yourself.

From personal experience now, I've realized when I stopped looking for blessings, example: love, the more I received.  It's true when you stop looking you will find it.  I have had my share of failures, pain, suffering, defeats, frustrations, and even depressed moments. But when I truly believed and knew that I create my OWN happiness, that no one else can do it for me is when I started finding happiness.  I am the only person who can give me what I need. It's when I started to see the people around me love for me <for me>, and how happy I make them and how happy they make me. But when you're looking one way and not both ways you are bound to get run over.   

And readers, you are probably of all ages, and some may say "I'm too old", "it's too late", "it is what it is" in regards to change. Please stop, because those are just excuses as well as ways of saying I'm comfortable with the way things are, even if you may be unhappy.  Life is what you make of it, and no one can stay stationary in life forever, you either rise up or sink, I think I can say for all that we rather rise up. Rise up to enjoy the benefits of happiness, understanding, love, and reaching our dreams. Today you can take the resolution to grow as a person, as who YOU are. It's never too late. You are the author of your feelings, thoughts, and life. People can play a role in your life, but you are the creator of YOUR life.  


So take time to congratulate yourself, take time out to focus on your breath, focus on goals, dreams, your life.




Stay blessed-much love,
Miss Ember

No comments:

Post a Comment